Tax Documents Management App
Our client approached us with a project that had been in the development stage for some time. The company needed specific expertise and team strengthening to create a web application that would help employees and customers easily process tax documents and improve document flow in general.
|World-scale enterprise audit company
|Web app for auto-synchronized tax document management and processing
|Client’s employees and customers
|ASP.NET Core, React, Azure Cosmos DB on MongoDB driver, MS SQL DB, Azure Functions, Azure Service Bus, Azure Blob Storage, Redis
|Application development, architecture redesign, performance optimization, quality assurance
Since we joined the project at the active development phase, the overall challenge was to comprehensively improve the product and use our rare expertise to implement several specific tasks.
- Improve the existing application from a UX perspective and make it accessible and intuitive for the end user.
- Increase application performance.
- Distribute some application features in MFE-s for other client’s consuming apps.
- Integrate the app with external systems.
Thanks to this, the product should significantly speed up document processing by different people/groups and auto-sync progress from various sources.
When we joined the project, the app had been in production for a few years. But there was no documentation.
So, the first challenge was exploring the product and then structuring and prioritizing our tasks. We also needed to work on new hot features along with this, so an additional challenge was aligning these two processes.
Another important step was to properly learn and explore the application to use our expertise most efficiently and bring new technical solutions – effective and most suitable.
We used the best technologies that allow us to ensure optimal performance, scalability, and security of the web application. Here are some examples.
- We used Microsoft SQL DB, which gave us extensive compression and encryption capabilities. This solution allowed us to significantly improve data storage and restoring and recovering features. In addition, the MS SQL server itself is considered one of the most secure, as it has advanced encryption.
- Cosmos DB for MongoDB allowed us to achieve high scalability, automatic and transparent sharding, and support active-active databases in multiple regions.
- Thanks to the use of Azure tools, we were able to improve the architecture and infrastructure of the application and provide all the relevant resources necessary for continuous product maintenance.
- Azure Service Bus allowed us to balance the load between competing workers, provide secure routing and data transfer, and coordinate transactional work that requires high reliability.
In general, we get a convenient and flexible solution that provides fast processing management and automatic synchronization of tax documents.
The new web app highly simplified workflows of managing and processing tax documents by different people/groups. It is integrated with external systems to auto-sync progress from different sources. The application made the work of the client's employees faster, more convenient, and safer. It also accelerated the processing of tax documentation.
What our clients say
СEO & Founder, Upendo Ventures
Before starting Upendo Ventures, I led the team at Hotcakes Commerce. At the time, it was a thriving commercial e-commerce platform built on top of the most popular ASP.NET CMS known as DNN. Hotcakes Commerce was rarely not seen in the top 3 selling extensions overall for DNN throughout its entirety as a commercial product. While it’s since been re-released as an open-source e-commerce solution, its popularity has not faded. This popularity is primarily due to the stability and high-quality features it’s boasted over the years. Many of these features were either built or started by the team at devspiration. With Hotcakes Commerce being at the core of what started Upendo Ventures and its continued success as one of our specialties, I can confidently say that the devspiration team has been a cornerstone of what sparked it all. I’d recommend them for all of your custom software needs. You can trust their attention to detail and expertise for all of your mission-critical software projects.
devspiration team helped us to develop a PDF parsing framework for our cloud based image inspection platform Azenzus. They accomplished this goal quickly and professionally. We enjoyed their proactivity, dedication and detail-oriented approach to software development. Highly recommend devspiration as a reliable technology partner for other businesses.
devspiration partnered with our core development team and became an integral part of our engineering efforts on the first release of our SaaS product. They quickly adopted our in-house standards and culture, and provided cutting-edge development on new technologies that our team did not have expertise using at the time.
We are truly grateful how quickly they assimilated into our team and for the high level of attention and professionalism every team member provided.